Wednesday, December 2, 2009

KC's Sightseeing in Philadelphia

Hey there, Jason! I'm a bit behind on my blog but I had a few minutes and thought I'd get caught up some. About a month ago, I stopped in Philadelphia to visit the Vanho family. They actually live outside of Philadelphia, but they took me in to see the sights.

First we went to see Independence Hall, where lots of famous people signed the Declaration of Independence (I'm sure you've probably heard of John Hancock, Benjamin Franklin, and Thomas Jefferson). You can see Independence Hall in the background of this picture...it's the brick building with the bell tower on top.




After that, we went to see the Liberty Bell


Went to Ben Franklin's print shop...


went to the first post office of the United States, saw lots of cool buildings, and even saw Betsy Ross's house, where the first flag was made. We didn't get to see Betsy Ross though...she must have been having lunch.


I was even in town during the World Series, but I didn't bring the Phillies much luck :o( It was really cool to watch the games with a bunch of Phillies fans though, and they even had some Phillies gear in my size that they let me wear to cheer on the team.



I will post more later, but just wanted to make sure you're not worrying about me. I'm having a great time, but I can't wait to get back home! See you soon!

2 comments: